Charter Members Banner
 
The Club was officially launched on the evening of Monday, May 5, 1925 with more than 100 Rotarians from several clubs in the old 27th District of Rotary International present at the Trinity Parish Hall in Simcoe. Simcoe's parent club was The Rotary Club of Brantford whose representatives made numerous visits to Simcoe to help organize the new club. Almost 100 percent of the members of The Brantford Rotary Club attending the festivities.
 
In 1925, the Club had 21 members with Dawson F. Aiken as President.
 
 
 

CHARTER MEMBERS APRIL 9, 1925

 

Photo Name Position Classification
Dawson F. Aiken Dawson F. Aiken President Life Insurance
Beverly W. Anderson Beverley W. Anderson   Hardware Retailing
  Fred T. Brook   Men's Clothing, Retail
  Harry J. Brook    Manufacturing Wool stock

Dr. Arthur C. Burt

  Veterinary Surgeon

Paul H. Donly

  Textile Chemist

 

A. W. (Bill) Donly

Treasurer Billboard Advertising
  Corey R. Estes   Automobile dealer
  Harvey S. Falls   Department Store Merchant
  William G. Jackson Director Butter Manufacturer
Harold M. Jackson Harold M. Jackson   Produce Wholesale
  James E. Johnson   Fruit Wholesaling
  Harvey L. Johnson   Coal Retailing
Guy R. Marston Guy R. Marston Vice-President Civil Engineering
  Grover C. Murdoch   Merchandising, retail
Bruce M. Pearce Bruce M. Pearce Secretary Newspaper Publisher
  Fred D. Purse   Theatre Owner
  Frank Reid   Barrister and Solictor
  F. W. M. Ross   Fruit Preserving
  Rupert Sipson   Investment Dealer
  George Templeton Director Textile Manager